| Proofreading | Editing
- If a word looks misspelled, sound
it out, check the dictionary, or ask a peer.
- Does each sentence end with a
punctuation mark? Does each sentences have subject-verb agreement?
- Are coordinating conjunctions
(and, but, or, so, etc.) in compound sentences preceded by a comma?
Have you used commas to set off items listed in a series, after
introductory clauses, etc.?
- Have you used apostrophes to show
possession or to mark contractions?
- Is all dialogue or written conversation
- Check for proper capitalization.
- Have you misused any of the commonly
mixed pairs of words: there/their/they're; accept/except; your/you're,
- Have you used any sentences fragments,
run-ons, or rambling sentences?
- Have you chosen a creative and
- Is your name and date on the paper?